COVID-19 Response Update May 5 2020
We sincerely hope all of our clients and donors are safe and healthy. We also want to express our deep appreciation for all frontline workers across all sectors, from health services and first responders to cleaning, delivery, grocery and public transit staff. Thanks to your work we are all better equipped to cope with the impact of the pandemic.
Since the announcement of the extension of school closures in Ontario until at least the end of this month, we’ve been prioritizing the provision of computers to families across the province and country. Through no-contact doorstep delivery and curbside pick-up we’re able to deploy between 3 and 6 units daily during the regular week and we have dozens of requests in progress, primarily through our national reSTART program as well as our work specifically with the region of Peel.
Our main challenge at this time is securing adequate inventory: if you have a laptop, i3 and newer, you no longer require please consider donating it to reBOOT Canada: email us at email@example.com or complete the form at www.rebootcanada.ca/donate and we can arrange to receive. Your donation may be eligible for a charitable receipt.
A note to acknowledge Lars Verholt in Peterborough and his team, some working safely at our Peterborough and Toronto Brick Works offices and some remotely from home, for successfully adapting our model to respond to these challenging times.
Some quick updates on reBOOT Canada operations:
1. To reflect changes to our operations, our phone menu has changed
Until further notice, please note when calling our main number 416 534 6017 from 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Extension 1 = Peel Computers 4 U Program and all reSTART inquiries
Extension 2 = Corporate and Institutional Donation Pick Ups
Extension 3 = All other inquiries
Extension 4 = Direct to our Peterborough office
2. Our Evergreen Brick Works office will remain closed to the general public for donation drop offs until further notice.
For device repair or to pick up a device, you can schedule an appointment at 416 534 6017 x3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Our downtown Peterborough store is operating on no-contact/curbside pick up basis. Please call ahead to schedule at 416 534 6017 x4 or 705 749 5815. Hours of operation are 10am to 5pm.
4. Our logistics partner Techreset in continues to safely provide essential transport, logistics, warehouse and audit services for corporate and institutional donations of retired IT assets. Your organization can still schedule a pick up by completing the form at www.rebootcanada.ca/donate, email email@example.com or call 416 534 6017 x2 from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
5. We also continue to support our free Wi-Fi reLAY hotspots in Toronto and Peterborough and are maintaining all skills development programs remotely
We appreciate everyone’s support and cooperation in communities across the country, and hope despite the cool weather the signs of spring are reaching you where you are!
The reBOOT Canada Team